People who are suicidal feel badly for a long time. They become depressed. People who are depressed can feel better if they reach out for help.
What does it look like?
Suicidal people feel too badly to do the things they used to like. They might stop seeing their friends or family. They might seem really tired or cranky all of the time. They might start drinking or behaving in a way that they usually do not. They might start saying things like: “It’s just not worth it”.
How do I know if I need help?
If you are:
- Feeling desperate and hopeless
- Worried you might hurt yourself or someone else
- Alone with no one to talk to
If you have:
- Made a plan
- The means to hurt yourself or someone else (e.g. pills or a weapon)
- Attempted suicide or hurt yourself
Please get help immediately!
Please do one of the following
- Call 911
- Go the nearest Emergency Hospital
- Call the local Emergency Response Service
If you need to talk to someone, but are not in crisis, click here to check out other ways that you can get help!