Thank you to everyone who participated in the Embrace Life Council Hope and Healing Art Contest. The art you have shared is amazing, and will make our world a brighter place. You can check out the winning art pieces on our Facebook photo album, Hope and Healing Art Contest.
Congratulations to the winners, who are as follows:
- First Place: “Scenery” by Lena Korgak-Doucet
- Second Place: “If Hope Can Exist” by Allexxis Mesias Amores
- Third Place: “Light and Dark” by Mindy Tootiak
- Honourable Mention: “The Sight” by Tooma Laisa
- First Place: “Flying in the Rain” by Matilda Pinksen
- Second Place: “Music” by Kaya Natar
- Third Place: “Happiness” by Cindy Winsor
- Honourable Mention: “Searching for Love” Lena Uniqsaraq
We look forward to everyone’s participation again next year.
IIKELC is happy to announce our annual Mental Health Art Contest for 2022! Please see below for information, how to enter, prizes and deadlines. We are looking forward to seeing your contributions!
Introduction to sewing with sewing machines – for Iqaluit youth ages 13-18 and 19-25.
An after-school program for Iqaluit youth, offering information about self-care and healthy coping mechanisms. Snacks, taxi vouchers and self-care goodies included!
Athletic taping workshop for Iqaluit residents aged 16+. February 12-13 2022.
Jewelry making program for youth ages 16-20 in Iqaluit. February 14-19 2022.
Over the last year, the sewing programs have used a lot of sealskin and fox fur for projects in Iqaluit.