This training, designed by Nunavummiut for Nunavummiut, is aimed at imparting knowledge to service providers working with youth and/or adults who have experienced or been affected by trauma. It aims to help providers and organizations work from a trauma-informed perspective, as well as develop trauma-informed relationships with clients that cultivate safety and compassion.
Over the course of the training, Trauma Informed Practice participants will learn:
- Why it is important to be trauma informed in Nunavut
- What trauma is and how it may manifest itself in impacted individuals
- The impact trauma may have on behaviour
- How to adopt the lens of trauma informed practice
- How to respond to individuals who are suffering or have suffered trauma
- Strategies to become trauma informed
- Strategies in response to disclosures of trauma
If you, or your organization or community, are interested in this training, please contact us by phone at 1-867-975-3233 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Training Opportunities
ASIST is a crisis intervention training developed by Living Works, with the goal of equipping participants to respond competently to individuals at risk of suicide.
Inuusiq Pimmariujuq is a comprehensive community strategic planning tool, combining post-contact Inuit history with a workshop aimed at developing a community action plan for suicide prevention and life affirmation.
Mindfulness is a half-day workshop designed to meet the needs of mental health practitioners, educators, and other helping professionals who want to incorporate mindfulness skills into their work.